All of Me

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Getting Ready—Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources


In this week's assignment, I contacted four international early childhood schools to make contact with an early childhood staff member, one school was China North in Beijing, China; Play English in Milan, Italy; and Morgan Rothschild Academy in China.
 
I emailed each of these schools and have yet to hear from them because this contact was made on today (Saturday). I do not plan to pursue the alternate assignment  because the contact to these schools was too recent.

The reason I chose these schools are because they utilize the High Scope Curriculum and this curriculum is one that is used at the Head Start where I am employed. I am also in the process of being certified as a teacher of this curriculum.

The organization that I plan to study is the High Scope Educational Research Foundation. Their website  is www.highscope.org.  I really have an interest in this curriculum. In addition, I have subscribed to their newsletter as well (a couple of weeks back).

I do not have any helpful tips that I would like to share because I have just made contact on today which is a weekend, so I plan to followup at the end of this upcoming week if I have not received a reply by that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment