All of Me

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Personal Childhood Web


Personal Childhood Web
Mom, Sister, Great grandmother, Godmother, and Dad

My mom is a very compassionate, spiritual, supportive and optimistic person. She is and was my “go” to person. Every event or activity I had as a child I remember my mom being there for me to support. In addition, as I have been older she commuted me back and forth to school in which the college campus was 45 minutes away.  Emotionally, I feel she has always seemed to know what to say to make me feel better in any circumstance. If she did not have an answer, she would pray with me through the situations I faced and as a result I would feel a sense of peace. She has really prayed me through a lot of intense situations in my life and for me prayer is better than money. You just can’t buy peace. Lastly, she always provides me with the certainty that things will work themselves out. I still spend a lot of time with her and we have a close relationship.

My sister is a very kindhearted, dependable, and trustworthy person. My sister has always been there for me through some of the roughest times in my life when I needed her most. I felt at times like we were twins because I truly believed she felt many of the same emotions I felt during our childhood. I could tell her anything and even now I keep her posted on the details of my life and vice versa. Lastly, with every life changing event I have experienced she was there: the births of my two children, my wedding, and most recently my first graduation. I can count on her to be there physically even when no one else is.


My great grandmother is sincere, wise, loving, and encouraging. She always provided me with encouraging words telling me about how smart I was. She was excited about my progress with school and the fact that I was going to be a school teacher. Unfortunately, it saddens me that she passed before she was able to see me graduate. I kept telling her that I was getting close to graduation and my promise to her was one of the reasons I persevered. But, although she is not physically here with me now I know she would be proud of my accomplishments thus far. She made me feel special because she thought highly of me and she often told me. I spent a lot of time with her when I was younger and I spent a lot of time with her as I got older, helping her as needed and spending time with her as much as I could.

My godmother is supportive, empathetic, and reliable. She is my 2nd cousin and has been the best substitute mother I could have in my mother’s absence. My sister and I spent a lot of time with her when we were little. She took us to church and out to eat. We would spend the night over her house for a sleepover and she was also my Kindergarten teacher and a very good teacher, by the way. She has been dependable at the time when I needed her most. She would transport my children to and from school since they attended the same school where she worked. She would help in any way she could and was there in support of me in any event that I orchestrated from programs at school to garage sales.

My dad is hardworking, driven, and supportive. He had his own way of being supportive to me as a child. Not typically, a supporter in the sense of encouraging me to do better, but I felt that he was my biggest critic. If I got an B+, he was like why didn’t you get an A. But, as I got older those words which I took as criticism motivated me to do my best because if I did my best I would get an A. This statement also aligns with the fact that my dad is one of the hardest workers I know. He has many talents and abilities and has a very strong work ethic. This is a characteristic that I also possess and one that I am happy I have because I know that I got it from him. Since, I have been older my dad and I have a better understanding and I know he is one of my number #1 fans. He often brags about me when he talks to his friends which helps me to understand that all my hard work has paid off and I have made him proud.


 My mom, sister and I

My dad and I
My great "granny"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment